Somali Women Development Center (SWDC)
Job title: Field Manager
Job type: Full time
Closing date: 17th September 2016
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Field Manager is to review all aspects of fieldwork on a daily basis, Supervise team supervisors and field workers on a daily basis, Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with Field project team in Baidao.
- The Field Manager will be responsible for overall supervision, control and coordination for the day-to-day of the project.
- The Field Manager will be ensure that the project activities undertaken within the established guidelines and reporting format as agreed with UNDP and SWDC
- The Field manager will prepare Monthly, Quarter and Final Reports and Submit to Project coordinator.
- The Field Manager will organize Monthly review meetings to assess the immediate outcome of the project before submission of report to Project Coordinator.
- The Field manager should arrange to prepare individual performance and attendance reports in every month for the staff.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Determine and assess need for additional activity and staff, if necessary during project cycle.
- Ensure and report asset registration and equipment is working properly
- Plan the logistics of field work collection
- Resolve administrative issues relating to travel, accommodation, behaviours of field teams, security issues etc. through appropriate channels
- Review all data collection forms for consistency and completeness as well Supervise data entry
- The suitable candidate must have at least three years’ experience in management, administration within local or international organizations
- Demonstrable supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Experience in the development of positions, systems and procedures
- Experience in project management
- Experience in humanitarian field
- At least a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other management discipline
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Good communication skills
- Good command of accounting software, Ms Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with at least three references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.