Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: OSC Manager
Job type: Full time
Duty station: Mogadishu
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid-2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of a project coordinator and team leader, Paralegals are required:
- The OSC Manager is in charge of functioning of SWDC One Stop Centre and would be the first point of contact.
- The Centre Manager will listen to the grievance, document the case history and register the case in the hotline and document with Unique Identity Number of survivor.
- The OSC Manager will be responsible for supervision of each case, taking it to a logical conclusion and later following up with the survivor.
- The OSC Manager will be responsible for coordination with all stakeholders (police station, hospital, legal aid, counseling unit), registration of cases in the absence of the Data manager or case worker.
- The OSC Manager will consolidate a list of individuals providing/willing to provide legal/medical/psycho-social counseling services at One Stop Centre.
- The OSC Manager will monitor the functioning of One Stop Centre, (including the work of the staff), facilitate capacity building, guide and support the team of caregivers..
- The OSC Manager will also document the case studies/success stories as per the prescribed format.
- Complete and maintain accurate reports regarding the Survivor’s histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Help GBV survivors make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their clinical status and treatment options. As well welcomes the survivor and the accompanying relative into her/his office and talks to the survivor in confidence and gathers information on the emotional state of the survivor.
- The weekly and monthly report has to be submitted project coordinator
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to all client information.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly staff meeting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school leaving certificate, a diploma or degree from a university in management will be an additional asset
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work
- A previous work experience with an international organisation would be valued
- Excellent level of written Somali is a requirement;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package (mainly word, excel and powerpoint);
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
How to apply:
Please send CVs through to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.