Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Doctor
Job type: Full time
Duty station: Mogadishu
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of a project coordinator and team leader, Doctor is required:
- Daily Visit at SWDC established One Stop centres to receive Patients and provide Treatment and psychosocial support and other medical survives to GBV survivors.
- After Nurse Inspection, Doctor will performs the medical examination taking note of every detail and recording all findings accordingly. The Doctor has to observe keenly anything seen on the survivor; old scars, new cuts, abrasions, bruises, or anything that will prove there was trauma or a struggle.
- The Doctor will collect, label and preserve any physical or other evidence found on the victim that could be analyze and used during prosecution.
- The Doctor will collect and look for injuries and any other signs that force were used, label and preserve any physical or other evidence found on the victim such as tender areas, marks on your skin, and bruises that could be analyze and used during prosecution.
- Doctor will write referral letter after medical examination and analysis for prosecution and legal proceeding with support of Police.
- Complete and maintain accurate reports regarding the Survivor’s histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Review and evaluate Monitor, evaluate, and record Survivors on medical and Other first aid Psychosocial Support progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with medical, Paralegals, lawyers, case workers, Police throughout the entire case management process
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce statistical reports
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
- Provide case management to individuals who report protection issues as needed
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to all client information.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly staff meeting.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree Doctor of General Health or Other Degree of Health
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- A previous work experience with local or international organization would be valued
- Excellent level of written English and Somali is a requirement;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package (mainly word, excel and powerpoint);
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
How to apply:
Please send CVs and Other Qualifications through to email@example.com, Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.