Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Admin/ Finance
Job type: Full time
Duty station: Mogadishu
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of a project coordinator and team leader, Doctor is required:
- Oversee all the financial management of the organization.
- Prepare monthly financial Reports to track financial expenditure against the budget.
- Preparation of support documents e.g. time sheets, contracts, vouchers then preparing the financial reports in liaison with field offices and ensures that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Administer and monitor the financial database system in order to ensure that the changes finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare Cash Book, Ledger and Compliance reports on Monthly Basis
- To ensure the organization meets all its commitments to the donors and be the contact person for donors in all finance related matter.
- Ensure all financial reports are checked for accuracy before they are submitted to the donors.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for the entire bank accounts and presents them to the Executive Director for approval.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variance, initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare monthly plan and financial reports of the organization, to senior finance officer and Executive Director.
- Submit all financial reports to the executive director for approval.
- Prepare integrated annual budget of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree of Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- A previous work experience with local or international organization would be valued
- Excellent level of written English and Somali is a requirement;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package (mainly word, excel and powerpoint);
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
How to apply:
Please send CVs and Other Qualifications through to email@example.com, Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.