Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Nurse
Job type: Full time
Duty station: Mogadishu
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of a project coordinator and team leader, Nurses are required:
- Daily Visit at SWDC established One Stop centres to receive Patients and provide Treatment and first aid psychosocial support and other medical survives to GBV survivors.
- Nurse Should provide immediate medical and First aid psychological assistance to women and children who have been affected by gender-based violence and to assist them in avoiding additional exposure to violence
- Supervise the treatment of Survivors of GBV and Patience of Psychological problems of women and children in One Stop Centre.
- Nurse will help Survivors of GBV; poor patients overcome the barriers that prevent them from seeking vital healthcare.
- Upon referral to the one stop centre, the procedure of getting the story of what happened and doing a medical examination are explained to the survivor and relative who accompanies her/him to the facility by the nurse.
- After the explanation, the survivor signs the Informed Consent Form, if an adult. If the survivor is a child, the accompanying relative signs the Informed Consent on their behalf.
- The survivor gives an account of what occurred and the Nurse Examiner records the account in the survivor’s own words on the Medical Report Form.
- The Nurse Examiner then performs the medical examination taking note of every detail and recording all findings accordingly. The Nurse has to observe keenly anything seen on the survivor; old scars, new cuts, abrasions, bruises, or anything that will prove there was trauma or a struggle.
- If the survivor reports to the one stop centre within 72 hours, and there was penetration with a penis or body fluids were exchanged, an HIV test is performed as well as a pregnancy test (for all females from the developmental stage of puberty and within child bearing age, usually from12 years onwards).
- Complete and maintain accurate reports regarding the Survivor’s histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Review and evaluate clients’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record Survivors on medical and Other first aid Psychosocial Support progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Provide child protection services, to prevent children up to the age of 18 from suffering emotional, sexual, physical and/or other types of abuse and neglect.
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with medical, Paralegals, lawyers, case workers, Police throughout the entire case management process
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce statistical reports
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
- Provide case management to individuals who report protection issues as needed
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to all client information.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly staff meeting.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Health, or a diploma of Health, other certificates will be an additional asset
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work ( GBV Case management, Nurse knowledge, or Health work experience for IDPs.
- A previous work experience with local or international organization would be valued
- Excellent level of written English and Somali is a requirement;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package (mainly word, excel and powerpoint);
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
How to apply:
Please send CVs and Other Qualifications through to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.