Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Project Manager
Job type: Full time
Closed Date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid-2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Coordinator is responsible for maintaining day to day overall supervision, control and coordination for the project. She/he is to ensure that project activities are undertaken within the established guidelines of SWDC.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with project team
- The project Coordinator will be responsible for overall supervision, control and coordination for the day-to-day of the project.
- The project Coordinator will be ensure that the project activities undertaken within the established guidelines and reporting format as agreed with donors and SWDC
- The project Coordinator should visit the project sites with project staff.
- The project manager will be ensuring that the project staff will attend working group meeting and cluster meetings in Project sites.
- The Project manager will prepare, by weekly, Monthly, Quarter and Final Reports.
- Conducting Bi weekly meetings with the project staff in order to maintain progress in the project implementation process.
- The project manager will organize quarterly project review meetings to assess the immediate outcome of the project.
- Supporting Project Staff to develop monthly work plans during the project period.
- The project manager should arrange to prepare individual performance reports in every month for the staff.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Determine and assess need for additional activity and staff, if necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Other tasks assigned by Executive Director
- The suitable candidate must have at least three years’ experience in management, administration within local or international organizations
- Demonstrable supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Experience in the development of positions, systems and procedures
- Experience in project management
- Experience in humanitarian and Human right field
- At least a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other management discipline
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Good communication skills
- Good command of accounting software, Ms Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with at least three references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview