Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Social Workers (4 Persons)
Job type: Full time
Duty station: Mogadishu
Closed Date: 22 April 2018
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid-2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
- Daily field visit on selected sites (IDPs and Host Communites )
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve Domestic Vaionce.
- Refer patient, client, or family to Family Care Centers or One Stop centres to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid,
- Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective actions
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to all client information.
- Attend and participate in weekl and monthly satff meeting .
- Conduct and follow-up visits of Survivors and collect feedback.
- Support and raise awareness on child protection and vulnerable groups. Carry out weekly outreach Activities for focal group discusssion on harmul practises.
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
- Prepare and share success story during the awaraness and referral to Project Coordinator in every Week.
- Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
- The suitable candidate must have at least three years’ experience in management, administration within local or international organizations
- Demonstrable supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Experience in the development of positions, systems and procedures
- Experience in project management
- Experience in humanitarian and Human right field
- At least a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other management discipline
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Good communication skills
- Good command of accounting software, Ms Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with at least three references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.